Build a Kit
Ask yourself this questions: Where will you be during an emergency or disaster in our community?
If you answered, "at the emergency", you should develop an Emergency Kit.
A emergency kit should be able to sustain you and your famlity for three days. Your kit maybe several small kits (food, first aid, clothes, etc.) located throughtout the home. If told to evacuate, be propared to gather these kits quicky.
Here are some common items in a kit:
- Water - one gallon per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitation.
- Food - at least three-day supply of non-perishable food.
- Battery-powered radio and extra batteries.
- Flashlight and extra batteries.
- First aid kit.
- Whistle to signal for help.
- Medications and items for unique needs.
- Moist toilettes.
For more information of building an emergency kit, please visit Ready.gov.